Sunday, October 26, 2008

Drama ExAm strEsS

It seems all I do is complain about Drama but it is currently the most frustrating and time-consuming aspect of my life. Along with our three intense practical exams which, needless to say, consumed much (I emphasise much) of my time throughout the second semester we have two theory papers. Because they pile on the work practically wouldn’t one be sufficient?

What surprised me about the June theory exam for Drama is the level of work they actually expect. I find myself less worried about my English exams, a completely theoretical subject, than the upcoming Drama theory papers. A little bit strange, no?

The problem really lies in the lack of theoretical input throughout the year. The lectures are often useless (with a few exceptions of course). We therefore end up having to do some serious self-study cramming when it comes to exam time. We weren’t even given notes on some of the sections we need to study and others have no published material. Thumb sucking doesn’t work either because they expect us to reference (in an exam!?!?)

Ok final complaint (I promise there shall be no more!): the department also decided to put our exams on the 1st and last possible days. I am missing half of Woodstock thanks to this subject.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template