Friday, September 26, 2008

To My Younger Self

Dear Friend
It is my greatest pleasure to hear that you are still alive and kicking after we have been separated for a long time. I am pleased that you are coming to Rhodes University for your tertiary studies. This then serves as a great opportunity to share with you one of those experiences that even make me laugh even when I’m sad some of the times.
I’m very glad that I am at Rhodes University and that I would be there to give you the warmest welcome. One thing for sure is that what we expect to find at University is not what we would see. Especially a University like Rhodes which is formed by different students from all over the world which makes it a rainbow university gives rise to different societies. There are a wide range of societies, which people can affiliate to and they can join in the different types of entertainments which are provided by the different societies. Some of the societies are Zimsoc, Ansoc, Shark and Lesoc. When it comes to this issue of entertainment one needs to consider which exactly one needs to join.
It was such a brilliant Wednesday evening when my friend called me and said that we should go to Mullins where the societies were showcasing so that people could sign in for the societies of their choices. Inside my heart I was so glad that at least we have been welcomed by entertainment. I signed for almost eleven societies and little did I know that the affiliation fees would be subtracted from my student account. I realised it later that the money I had affiliated for was almost R2000. This meant that my printing credit, my money for handouts and money for vacation accommodation had been used up. I had to call mom and tell her that mom I had mismanaged my finances, to which she had to pour a few harsh words before sending money to me.
Sweety, you need to be careful and not sign in for every society but for those which you think can suit you. For you really know that a lot of salt in the soup will spoil it, likewise do not over do it.
Hope to meet you soon.
Your loving friend
Sharleen.

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template