Sunday, October 26, 2008

gooDbye HiSt 102

The 23rd October 2008 was a very sad day in my life. It was my last history lecture and perhaps the last time I will ever hear the pessimistic yet, oh so wise, words of Prof. Julian Cobbing (not to mention his distinctive hand gestures).

A lot of people will not understand this affinity for History 102 and its lecturer but I feel the course has opened my mind and made me more aware in countless ways. I now look with a more critical eye on the way I behave in my everyday activities. And I now, of course, recognise the corporations for who they really are!

I religiously attended lecturers throughout the semester to catch the next episode on the downward spiral of the fate of the planet and the human race. I loved the course because it wasn’t “history history”. It was so broad and all-encompassing and allowed me to put most things in perspective.

I genuinely felt a deep pang of sadness last week Thursday and couldn’t even bring myself to tell Cobbing what I thought of the course.

The one redeeming factor is that there is an exam lecture-session-thing tomorrow. *yay* But that actually just means that tomorrow will be the last episode of History 102 *ahhh*

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template